View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 04:56 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"and debunks the narrative that Iraq was ever as stable as some would have us believe"

That was my statement.. All the Documentary does is support what I have expressed that Iraq was never Stable and All the Obama haters on one hand love to claim Iraq was stable ... but because He pulled us out it it magical became unstable and created the ISIS problem... you cant have it both ways , the Documentary just shows what politicians wont say .. that stability was manufactured... The boots on the ground would not share the narrative that Iraq was stable

So we shouldn't have pulled out because it was still a smoldering fire or was the fire out .. The reality remains it the Iraqis country

below is from politifact on the topic

the sources of instability are fundamentally political."

Remember that the country was considered relatively stable in 2011; ISIS elements existed prior to that, but largely formed into the force it is today after American troops left -- and mostly in Syria at first.

" Then the pushed east from Syria into Anbar my statement "

Obama inherited a timeline to exit Iraq from George W. Bush and followed it

"They said that the Iraqi government was too weak, and unwilling to go against the wishes of those Iraqis who wanted the Americans to leave,"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...0000-troops-i/