Thread: Do you.......
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #37
Grapenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
... SourBalls... er, I mean GrapeNuts.... you should be really PO'd at your dead realatives for selling off all of there land, for short money, to the folks from "away"... self admitted washashore, been here since age 11, 1968... and had the good fortune to be taken under the wings of some Brewsterite Cape Codders... lifelong friends, who i hafata remind once in a while that I'm still a washashore ... I guess thats acceptance... Bill fontneau usta let us stash our schoolie rods in the back of his tackle and gun shop just down 6A from the old elementary school.. we'd race over there after school pick up our gear and pedal down to breakwater beach and fish the jetties or walk out onto the flats, depending on the tide... 16 incher=supper.... .... that was a keeper back then.. and they was the best eating.

and you... LOL.... if ya cracked a smile ya'd hurt ya face...
magine that...old wild bill....jumped ship an went north.heard the acting was better up there,swapped alot of guns/ammo with him,half that ammo wound up in the brewster dump on rats.....yep! sold for a buck an acar once the hardwood was cut,,brewster,harwich...still had the haying rights to hardings beach when grandpa passed...wood skiffs built in the barn next to the cows...still see him pounding in the rope to make the seams tite....train coming in downtown with coal...same with orleans[snows]...no road to morris island.....only one 3' tree along oyster river...only one number to dial...401...nantucket sound froze solid...home made baked beans and cornbread simmering on the castiron stove..beach plum jelly...wild blackberry jam...ring dings for .10....lobster rolls...25 cents...pure fresh sea water coming over the bar straight into stage harbor....cat boats towin for scallops ..oysters were wild not grown....walk for miles and never see a sole.....yeh...I miss it bad.

did I tell ya about the deeds in PT. and truro from gov. bradford? land down there too.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote