View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Let's see. Here in this thread you make a Trumpian sort of misspeak by saying "bar" instead of "goalpost." Now, when Trump does that sort of thing, it's called a lie.

Then you try to claim that the "bar" (goalpost) was not moved, but that it was "created." Actually, that's just another way, a parsing, to say that the goalpost was moved--just create another goalpost in a different spot. That is, moving the goalpost from the position of answering the question from the context in which it is asked to the position of answering it in a broader context.

So you used the moved goalpost to infer that Sessions "lied." That his answer (his kick) didn't go through the uprights. But it actually did. It went squarely through the uprights of the first position of the goalpost. Your moving it to another position made it impossible for the kick to be good, to be true. Ergo, you manufactured a Sessions' "lie."

You also attribute, in this thread, two "lies" to Trump by parsing "lie" to being "not correct . . . time and again." Or Proven to be not true." Well, not correct is not a lie unless it is intended to be so. Nor, likewise, is "not being true." But not only is the "time and again" an unsubstantiated statement, but your "proved to be not true" is incorrect, not true. Your example of Trump's "didn't think" that his people where colluding with Russians is not only, on its face, not provable (you can't prove that he didn't think something), but your example of his campaign members "repeated contacts with Russian intelligence agencies" was not proven to be campaign collusion, as I pointed out in the Times article, nor even proved whether those conversations had anything to do with Trump. So your proof amounts to innuendo and unsubstantiated accusations for which there is no real evidence.

Now I'm not going to call these accusations lies, but when Trump says stuff like this, it is said that he lies--even by you. So I don't know if you're out and out lying, but your statements and misuse of words, just in this thread, would be called lies by folks like you if they came out of Trump's mouth. That's why I said "sort of what happens to Trump when he makes mistakes."

And, then, there is called a lie of omission. I asked for comments a few times, once in this thread to you, about the classified leaks against Trump. I asked if you had anything to say about those. They are real, not just foggy accusations. They are illegal and a threat to national security. Did you just forget, or did you intentionally omit to make a comment--a lie of omission? Maybe like you would accuse Sessions of?

I'm not accusing you of lying. But can you see how throwing out the word "lie," like the word "racist" and others, in loose, haphazard manner, ain't nice, and no way to make reputable argument or civil discussion?
I couldn't make it through the whole post. Got as far as the 2nd sentence