View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 06:50 AM   #389
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
my god did you miss the point.

if democrats actually believed in making the rich pay their fair share, they wouldn’t have had to take it out. But they didn’t have the votes within their own party unless they took it out, which necessarily means the democrats as a whole don’t really believe what they claim to believe.

make that wrong.

the democrats quickly became the party of the billionaire class. wall
street leans very much to the left now. So can we just admit it.

i’m old
enough to remember when you guys criticized the right for being the party of the rich. but today it’s a good thing to be the party of the rich? why is that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If the Dems like the Trumplicans only passed legislation that was strict party line, they could accomplish as little of value to the American people as the Trumplicans do.

When Republicans have power, they ban abortion, cut billionaires’ taxes and attack LGBT Americans. When Democrats have power, they add jobs, fund veteran care, bring manufacturing home, protect the climate and defend reproductive rights.

Which do you think is better for America?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin