View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Again, another unsubstantiated incidence and quote. And even if he were to have said that, did he clarify exactly what he meant by it? Was there a larger context and conversation surrounding that alleged quote? He is, in the video I posted here, admittedly anti-establishment, but nowhere near a communist. Certainly not an actual Leninist who would destroy a monarchical authoritarian state to replace it with a Marxist Communist state.

Anyone could figuratively be called "Leninist" who wished to remove one regime and replace it with one he believed was right. Bannon, as in the video here, and whenever he talks politically, typically uses tough language, union, street in your face language. He makes no bones that he is anti-establishment, against both Democrat and Republican establishment. He seems to espouse much of the very things economically that you do. That's why I asked you to watch the video. If some Democrat had delivered the speech that Bannon gave in this video, would you have disagreed with it?

I'm not agreeing with everything he says, I'm pointing out that how he is characterized (Nazi, white supremacist, misogynist, ethno-phobe, racist, etc.) is not true. And he certainly would not Be any of those things if he were an actual Leninist (which he obviously is not).

The responses from Spence, WDMSO, and you, so far have not provided evidence of any of those things.