Thread: school shooting
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

First off, it is terrible that this happened. Fortunately the school resource officer did what he had to do. It is terrible that he had to take another kid's life and easy for us to discuss in the abstract, without skin in the game. Frankly, I am thankful he was able to stop the shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Slip I love you man. Really I do. But your logic seems to say that it is ok that 3 high school kids were shot. The notion that a high school age kid can have access to guns in the first place is the problem.

Guns have been normalized in our society. People leave them laying around their house, under car seats, in glove boxes, sock drawers, etc.

I’m all for gun ownership and I’m all for a skilled armed guard in a school, but I am even more for very strict gun ownership rules- trigger locks, gun safes, etc. and a gun buying age of 21.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So, say preventing people with mental health issues from obtaining firearms might be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Out of the top 10 states ranked for Gun Murder rate, only 1 of them is in the top 10 for gun ownership, and 2 of them are in the bottom 10 in the same category.

This is strictly murder by guns, not accidental or suicide.
^^^^ This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I didn’t realize in my typing that I said that you thought that what happened was “ok”

Yes. This is all complicated.
I’m pro gun btw. I just think that it’s too easy to obtain them now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Easy? Seven day wait, NICS check, in the People's Republic of Quahog. Would not call that easy - harder in Mass in some ways.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: