View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You have forgotten that nothing in Trump world is too ridiculous to be impossible.

Apparently, nothing in your world is too ridiculous to be impossible.

What effect did her saying that have? Did it do anything other than reinforce some people on either sides beliefs and second hand piss Jim off.

So it's not what was said, but what effect it had? What effect did what Trump said have? Did it reinforce some people on either sides beliefs and second hand get you to respond?

As far as Trump goes, I agree with Tillerson, Kelly and Mattis. He has no clue about foreign policy, how to negotiate or what an achievable end goal is. He is not willing to learn, since he has a very smart gut and knows better than anyone.

So you agree with "some people" as Ilhan might say. Whoopie.

He did threaten the Afghans with genocide.

No he didn't. He mentioned a consequence that could occur if the Taliban continued its killing. And the Taliban had a legitimate, viable, reasonable choice which most of the rest of the world would agree with. It wouldn't have to leave, or pledge allegiance to American occupation and rule. Just quit its killing ways and its attempt to overthrow the Afghan government. I don't know of genocides where the victims had a choice.

“I have plans on Afghanistan that if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth, it would be gone, it would be over in literally 10 days.”

That would be horrific collateral damage. If he wanted to. He said he didn't want to. And he didn't. I don't believe that those who want to commit genocide provide a contingency to escape it. The intent is elimination, not compromise.

The plural "plans" indicate other plans (which you said he is not capable of). Apparently the other plans were preferred.

Trying to spin it into 10 million means something assumes that the Stable Genius has a clue about how many people live in Afghanistan. I would surmise that it is but one of the many numbers he has made up, I know it is not exact.

But Trump, according to someone you also seem to believe, is just a TV character. It's all a show. It's not real.

I don't know where you find your definitions but the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation, is the Oxford definition of genocide.
I don't know why you don't know where I found the definition. I specifically quoted Webster (common shorthand for the most prestigious American dictionary Merriam Webster). So, according to Oxford, killing a large group of Germans in WWII was genocide.