View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #58
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So back to the point...is the burden of fighting for the American way of life being equally shared among those who enjoy it?

Should it?

-spence

Its tough having the average guy answer this. If I answered from my personal observations the answer is yes. Every soldier I know or am familiar with through friends and family here in Boston are all well educated and career driven middle class people. They come from all walks of life be it public servants, politicians teachers etc. All with high school diplomas at a minimum, most with college and some with post grad degrees.

This is beacuse it is a cross-section of my personal and social circles. We can all relay stories about our opinions based on our experiences.

The problem is answering the question on a national level, for that we must rely on statistics. Unfortunately, as we all know we could spend a couple of days here posting links

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...rity/wm922.cfm

trying to nail down the exact socio-economic make-up of the greatest fighting force in the history of the world.

"Should it?" ..... I may have to take a stab at this later. Off to court.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan