View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #18
gregory2327

I guess I'm trying to get a feel for what I really want. I definitely want conventional. I have the spinning surf caster and that's fine with me. But I like conventional for accuracy and just the feel.

I thought I might want a shorter rod (I was initially thinking 7.5'), but after re-thinking uses of this rod, I might be best off getting a 8.5' to 9' so that I avoid the upgrade process you spoke of. I did the whole upgrade/upgrade/upgrade process with freshwater bass fishing and I'd like to avoid it with stripers. That being said, I still have to figure that I won't go striper fishing nearly as often as bass fishing so 300.00 custom rods are not practical. Those Rainshadow/Batson blanks are very cheap and I have a builder that could robably put them together inexpensively also. I could go stock and be happy, but I really like the light weight feel of custom.

As far as power, I usually tend to like a lighter power rod just for the added fun. However I don't want the rod to be overpowered by the average plug. That's why I am curious about the 1087's I'm not sure how a 1088 would feel with a plug.

I know I'm all over the place with my thoughtsd, but like I said I am still trying to figure it out and you guys have helped me a lot!

Thanks
gregory2327 is offline   Reply With Quote