View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #20
Grapenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Thank you Ed. I Knew I probably had no chance of winning as the beauty of that plug would go undetected but it really didn't matter to me. I did it for me and to see who was paying attention. The people who's opinion matter most to me were very flattering and I am very comfortable with that. What else could you ask for? I am not a big competition guy. Don't get me wrong as I am as competitive as anyone but prefer to compete with myself, mostly. I am sure Dave put in as much time as I did and he is a very very worthy recipient of the annual Canalman plug award, as it has become, and rightly so. I do this to have FUN and any so called awards are really of minor interest to me. I like the push it gives me to try something challenging. Guys liked the plug and that is all I care about. Winning was not my goal but it got some interest and ink about the old plugs and that is great. Do we need different category's? probably but since I don't care who wins I will leave that up to those that do. Thanks again for all the good will. I am truly flattered.

I should have slipped that plug into my pocket when I had my hands on it......and I let it slip away....Like flap gums said,,big problem putting "classics" on the same table with reg. stuff....that and the fact..""I'll say it outloud"" I know that better then half the guys there wouldn't know what a real vintage plug looks like....things need to be placed on different tables with a sign saying as to" in this corner we have" bla.bla...and the maker would have to say which section it goes in before it's unvailing .....if the contest is to continue.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote