View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #43
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I actually consider Motorhead to be punk! serioulsy

All kidding aside - read this article. Im not as dumb as I seem

Why were the Clash so well-positioned to take punk rock beyond punk rock? This will strike some ears as heresy, but the first reason is simple: The Clash weren't a punk rock band. Joe Strummer had fronted a group called the 101ers, a pub-rock outfit more in the tradition of Dr. Feelgood or Brinsley Schwartz than the New York Dolls or the Stooges.

read the whole thing - The Clash: less punk than you think. - By Stephen Metcalf - Slate Magazine
Thats the opinion of the writer of that article. I always thought that a lot of their persona as a band was a bit contrived, but they still had the "punk" attitude.

Punk Bands | Punk.tv

And I always considered Motorhead to be more punk or just rock and roll than heavy metal. They even did a real punk cover of "God Save The QUeen" years ago.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote