View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Would it kill you, would it literally kill you, to admit that despite the fact that Trump is a scumbag, that the economy is actually growing?

Here, I'll show you that it can be done...I promise you, that I disliked Obama, as much as anyone dislikes Trump. But here goes...Obama did some really good things with the economy, and he did some really good things with the war on terror.

There, you see? I'm still here, my head didn't explode, the world didn't stop spinning. Turns out, it's possible to give credit where credit is due, even to politicians you don't happen to like. It just requires a willingness to show a speck of honesty, and THAT is sorely lacking at the moment, and it's also a big reason why Trump got elected.
I'll fix that for you
But people screamed when Obama, that you liked so much, legislated by executive order and now it's OK
I don't think his policies are good for this country longterm.
Things are coming to a head with Trump anyways, first it was we had no contacts with russians, then it was no collusion, now it is collusion is not a crime, next it will be?
Trump is doing anything he can to make the economy grow so that he can win the midterms and avoid impeachment.
While it may stand up for his term, just like Obama legislating by executive order the next president can wipe this out also.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin