View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I just feel the benefits would outweigh any potential negatives if this were to happen. What could possibly happen that could be construed as a hazard to this idea? The need for religion should have been eliminated long ago when science explained just how bogus some of the principals of organized religion really are. I do understand this is unlikely and I hope this is not interpreted the wrong way. This forum is constant proof that being religious does not preclude one from being an A whole. I also know plenty of folks here who are more compassionate and generous than those who hide behind a cross.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I just feel the benefits would outweigh any potential negatives if this were to happen"

You are entitled to that opinion. I disagree. No one is forcing people to go to church. They go, because they get something out of it.

"being religious does not preclude one from being an A whole."

No, it doesn't - you and I have both claimed to be religious, correct?Nor doesbeing an atheist prevent one from being a wonderful person. But study after study, shows that religious people are more generous (which saves lives), happier, less likely to divorce, less likely to cheat on their spouse, etc.

Faith is also a tremendous comfort to pepole when life inevitably kicks us in th egut, or in times of despair. I am a Eucharistic minister in my parish, I frequently give communion to very sick people in hospitals. It comforts them. You may not like it or understand it. You don't have to.

Alos, I asked you to tell me, specifically, where I revised history. Can you? or is that asking too much?