View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Good or bad, the religious freedoms granted in this country seem to be presenting an obstacle to our safety. As much disdain as you have shown toward the Muslim community displays an awareness that our constitution with all of the Judeo Christian values may end up endangering life as we know it. I just don't see the need for it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Good or bad, the religious freedoms granted in this country seem to be presenting an obstacle to our safety."

Agreed. But the threats to our safety come from one religion, not a variety of them.

"As much disdain as you have shown toward the Muslim community "

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you showing the same exact disdain when you say religions are a threat to our safety? Or are you as concerned about the Amish as you are about Muslims?

"our constitution with all of the Judeo Christian values may end up endangering life as we know it."

Agreed again (thsi is getting concerning). I believe our Constitution, sure as hell, is putting us in danger. And I don't know the answer, except perhaps we need to amend the Constitution, and if enough peopl efeel that way, there is a mechanism to do that. When the Founding Fathers guaranteed religious freedom, they were obviously referring to Judeo-Christianity. That freedom isn't in there so that Aztecs can move here and start making human sacrifices.

"I just don't see the need for it"

You may well not have any need for it. And if you can live a happy life without it, and be charitable to others, then I would say you are succeeding without it. But for some of us, it provides comfort and a moral compass. I'll admit it's a bit of a crutch, if you don't need it, maybe that shows a strength of chatacter on your part that I don't have.