View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. This makes her an "enemy of the people?" That's some standard.

As for the background check, we've covered that before.

Put a fork in him Jim.
I believe she questioned his application of the facts in cases she's very familiar with and questions his credibility because of that. is above reproach because she' has a 'D' after her name. Fixed it for you.

I would advise a ten day FBI investigation, and if it turns up zip, that's the end of it. I don't think they will withdraw his nomination based on allegations that are not only unsubstantiated, but explicitly denied by the witnesses named by the accuser. Spence, how many times does Ford have to say "this person was there", and have that person flatly deny that, before even you start scratching your head? Is that remotely possible? Or is all that matters to you, the politics? Does justice ever factor into your thinking? Because if there's any actual evidence, I'd scream for his nomination to be withdrawn.

And if Trump ever nominates another judge, I hope he picks Mrs Barrett, the one who Feinstein said "the dogma is loud in you". Let your side dig up dirt that she's a slut.

Trump isn't Bush. I wouldn't count on him withdrawing the nomination without something more than allegations. For all his many faults, one thing I admire about him, is that he cares about not cowering to the mob. He could not care less what they think. There's no pressuring this guy with these tactics.