View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
I think it is unfair to judge someone on today's values. Since it was published, sold to students, parents saw them, and nobody then thought it was an issue, it WAS acceptable by his city and state at the time it happened. These kids were doing something that they did not intend to cause hate, but were likely just trying to be funny. Just like in Blazing Saddles with the KKK outfits.. just because someone is wearing an outfit in a nearly 40 year old picture, we cannot really judge it without context. Perhaps if all of his classmates and teachers all testified that he was truly a racist, then maybe..... Our society changed every day... many things we may have done as kids, might be considered taboo now, but were normal kids being kids stuff back then.
I’d generally agree. Does he have a history of behavior or is this a one time lapse of thought that appearantly the people printing the yearbook didn’t have any issue with. He does have a pretty solid life of service to our country and healthcare. That being said he didn’t handle the response very well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device