View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
obviously nobody wants to be taxed, but what are some other recomendations to raise money to pay for infrastucture improvements? gas tax seams pretty fair in that the burden paid by each person reflects their use of the system. i'd like to see the numbers behind the value that they came up with though. infrastructure improvements = jobs aswell (full disclosure - my job is one of those jobs).

trust me, the reports that our roads and bridges in MA are amongst if not the worst in the country are valid. something needs to be done. you'd be amazed what some of our structures look like up close.
We don't need to increase dollars spent we just need a common sense approach. Lets say we cut the cop details, fund the improvements in one shot rather then dragging every freakin bridge rebuild out for 7 years. Get a grip on the hand outs to companies like Visa Flash etc. The waste factor alone should piss you off.

Isn't this what they said would happen if we eliminated the income tax. Well most of you voted to keep it and now your getting screwed again. Just bend over and ask for another. You will!