View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 05:25 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
fact Obama was given no credit for stock market or Jobs growth..

But Magically trump gets credit from his base for Both .in 1st 6 months ... thats hypocrisy not a talking point
Obama was constantly given credit for stock market and job growth in the mainstream media. Other than Fox (I guess, I don't watch much TV news) Trump gets little credit which is squeezed into a constant barrage of investigations of Trump for collusion and personality foibles.

I am suspicious of stock market growth. I personally don't measure it as a success for a President's policies. Especially when, in my opinion, it occurs in times of slow job growth and weak business conditions. My opinion of Stock market booms under Obama was that it was fueled by the huge stimulus packages created by government pumped money into the banking and investment communities which was not based on actual strong business or job growth. It appeared that the major job growth under Obama was either in government, or in business that was heavily regulated and subsidized by government, and was weak in growth outside of major government influence where what growth occurred was not well paid.

Trump seems to be attempting to grow the industrial
base which traditionally provided well paying jobs for average folks, and depended on entrepreneurship rather government cronyism. Remains to be seen if his policies succeed in that direction. And if his own party backs his efforts.