View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 AM   #7
Rev' Lori

I subscribe to the old saw about fishing two hours of the incoming tide and three hours of the outgoing. If I don't have 5 hours to fish, I'll do two hours around the high. I think moving water is important, night or not. But I rarely fish night - just not comfortable for me. When I went to school in Providence (RISD) I fished Westport and North Hampton. Not far from Providence and real good fishing (That was 25 years ago though). Keep your hooks sharp. That is KEY to keeping the fish on line. I go to the fish market and buy squid, cut it into strips and keep them in my pocket. I use them to dress tins like a deadly #^&#^&#^&#^&, bucktail jig or cripped herring. I will also fish bunker chunks (you call'em pogies) especially a nice juicy head on a fishfinder rig (no float). The key to chunks is fresh or nothing. Frozen bait sucks. Don't waste yer time wit it. We fish a lot of clams down here, which I hook to a high-low rig. You can use worms as well (expensive, but good for bass and blues will hardly touch'em).

I hear your "it don't look natural" dilemna but check out how many big bass are caught on bright yellow plugs, chartreuse bucktail, schoolbus bombers, purple needles...

Tie a duolock snap (not swivel) onto the end of your leader. This allows you to switch your offerings easily. If chunks aren't hitting, you change to a tin and squid.
Hope that helps
Rev' Lori is offline   Reply With Quote