Thread: Insanity in CT
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Insanity in CT

I cannot take living in this state much longer, God I wish I could talk my family into moving to NH with me.

(1) the University of CT has its own police force, about 30 officers who attend the state police academy. Unlike many universities, UCONN is really in a rural/farming area, it's nowhere near a city. The chief of this force makes a whopping $247,000 a year, which is $30,000 more than the top cop in New York City makes.

(2) my state, like many states, offers lower tuition rates at public universities for taxpayers (there is an in-state rate and an out-of-state rate). My brilliant legislators are proposing (and it will pass) that the lower, in-state rates be applied to the children of illegal aliens, who pay no taxes. I called my state Rep, and asked him "how is it fair that you are taking my tax dollars, and instead of using it to help me send MY kids to school, you will use my money to help the kid of someone who is illegally dodging taxes?"

He had no answer...I mean, what's my incentive to pay taxes??

Unbelievable. My only conclusion is that all of the Democrats in the CT state legislature own rental properties in New Hampshire that are currently vacant. They pass these laws hoping that people like me will move to NH and rent their homes. There just isn't any other explanation...no one can be this clueless, can they??