Thread: Insanity in CT
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
This has me very, very jealous. I miss the days of 1am DP Dough deliveries and waking up at noon and grabbing and ice cream from the Dairy Bar.
I can taste that cheeseburger grinder from Teds, washed down with a chocolate shake from the Dairy Bar.

We'll agree to disagree. I was there before you and after you (hiatus in the Marines). While it's less of a "party school" now, even when it was a party school, I would not call it a place where public safety was a major challenge. How much violent crime occurs there? Not much at all. The security forces at Yale (New Haven), Trinity (Hartford), and Wesleyan (Middletown, CT) have it much tougher (in my opinion) because of the socio-economics of the surrounding areas.

Even if the guy has some good accomplishments, he should not be a multi-millionaire on the backs of middle class taxpayers. Not in this economy. He probably makes more than the Commandant of the Marine Corps. I have trouble swallowing that in terms of relative responsibility. And he for sure makes more than the top cop in New York City, which I find mind-boggling...

I liked my time there, though the math department was pretty weak IMO. Not a bad place to spend a few years, that's for sure.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-22-2011 at 02:24 PM..