View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #37
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I'm trying to figure out why RIJIMMY moved to Texas if Tennessee is the greatest place in the world to live.

And Jim, you've been to El Mariachi. It may not be the best, but it's no Taco Bell either. Point is, I like it. I've been to Mexico and had authentic Mexican food at several places. It was good, but not better than the local place. And next time you're in the area, I'll take you to a Thai restaurant that I can assure you is better than what you'll find in TN or TX.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Dangles said he'd rather chew tin foil than live in TN. Seems a narrow minded, eltist northerner comment. I gave dangles the benefit of the doubt and allowed him to explain himslef. I dont know the first thing about TN. But I doubt its awful. If it is, its no more afwul than some of the places in NE. I wont debate food with you, I lived in San francisco which is the food capital of the US and as you know my wife is asian so I've been to a hell of alot of Thai places and most every other asian type of food. Living in CA and now TX, I really cant have a discussion on mexican food. you cant even compare. You watch the food network and when every other mexican place is in CA or TX an we have significant populations of mexicans, well, I may be crazy but Easton is not on the map. Panda Express is good chinese food to most americans.

To Dangles - all those things you listed are fine, but whats missing? Oh, I know. Unless you are Thurston Howell the III, everything you mentioned is LEISURE. How about the real world? WHats your commute like? If your wife works, whats her commute? Has your business or company grown? You mentioned the great cities of Boston, Providence and Newport - how are those cities faring? Are those cities in good economic shape? Are their jobs? How is Easton faring? Growing? Taxes going up? Schools - new and best technology or aging? Is your town looking better in the last 5 years or showing signs of decline? Hows your paycheck? What do you pay in state taxes? Do you have a say where that money goes? Whats the tuition for instate schools? Is it higher or lower than other states.
Leisure activities are opinions and I agree on the vast recreational activites in NE, however many states have them, but economic facts, are facts. Thats what Jim in Ct and I are trying to bring forward. I dont a thing about TN, but I know what I see in TX and you cannot even compare. Its like new england is 1978 and we're in 2012. its drastic.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all