View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I saw this coming from either you or buckman.

I say it all the time on here... while I argue mostly for the left, there's a large number of things I absolutely do not agree with. Where I disagree most with the Dems are on social issues.

Here's a few to rock your world:
-Minorities... I'm sick of "Minority Status" meaning "deserving of special treatment"
-Contrary to some thinking I'm on the side of taking everyone's guns away, I'm pro guns. In the other thread, I just don't believe there is a need/purpose for Assault Weapons in the hands of the public.
-Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts... Again with the special treatment. If women want to be treated as equals, then don't give me an attitude because I didn't open the door for you while my hands were full of shopping bags. (Was yelled at by a random woman for this.)
-I have gotten in numerous "heated discussions" with some of my more liberal friends about English as a national language - more than a few triggered by trips to either DDs, a gas station, or a mini mart. Someone moves here and they want to function in this society, learn English. When I call Customer Service I should not have to "Press 1 for English." There shouldn't be a need for the option. People that have lived here for more than a few years have no excuse.
-And I could go on for days about my opinion of Political Correctness. People of America are supposedly a bunch of cowards because we can't talk about race. However, being a white male, I can't talk about race without being a racist, I can't talk about women or I'm a sexist.

/end rant

Thanks Jimmy for getting me fired up.
Did I hear my name mentioned?

So it's the " tax and spend" part, you agree with.