View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

New Polls Show That Trump Should Be Afraid. Very Very Afraid.

In July I argued that Donald Trump’s strategy race baiting against the so-called “Squad” of four minority female members of Congress would not go well for him. I wrote that “I wouldn’t assume that we may not look back and see this as being the Ides Of August for Trump.”

Two weeks later I asked, “Could This Be the Moment Trump loses America?” I argued that a triad of events⁠—Trump’s attack on the Squad, tied to the rhetoric of “send them back” with the backdrop of his repeated referencing of “invasion,” which then rolled into the tragic massacre in El Paso, on the same weekend as Dayton also suffered a mass shooting⁠—brought the peril of a sharp and decisive public rebuke of Trump and his presidency. “If these voters, the vital center of the American electorate, come to believe that Donald Trump as president, his rhetoric and political style, have become a threat to public safety, that is a seminal development,” I wrote.

If Trump stays on his present course, he will lose next November, and political historians will more than likely come to see the watershed moment as August 2019. And so, Rick Wilson is correct: Trump can’t win, he will be re-elected only if the Democrats blow it. In the final analysis, Trump is on the verge of losing the country, even if the Democrats have not yet found the discipline needed to secure a victory in 2020.

https://thebulwark.com/new-polls-sho...y-very-afraid/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin