View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why yes, I actually did.

-spence
you went from..

"Even usual conservative papers are drilling into LaPierre for being a nut case."

and then this:

"Murdoch, Wash Times, NY Daily News, National Review even Michael Steel! etc... etc..."

I asked for examples...Murdoch has long been a gun control advocate and
Steele said this...

“I don’t even know where to begin. As a supporter of the Second Amendment and a supporter of the NRA — even though I’m not a member of the NRA — I just found it very haunting and very disturbing that our country now is talking about arming our teachers and our principals in classrooms,” Steele said on MSNBC immediately after LaPierre finished his comments.

in respose to Lapierre saying this:

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, The ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- The nation's largest gun-rights lobby is calling for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."

The National Rifle Association broke its silence Friday on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.

He blamed video games, movies and music videos for exposing children to a violent culture day in and day out.

LaPierre stood by remarks he made at an event Friday billed as a news conference -- though he took no questions -- in which he argued for armed guards in schools.

"If it's crazy to call for putting police and armed security in our schools to protect our children, then call me crazy," he said on Sunday.

"We're going to support an immediate appropriation before Congress to put police officers in every school," he vowed.

I guess Steele didn't listen very closely...

so what are the "conservative papers are drilling into LaPierre for being a nut case"? etc....etc....because I haven't seen it and I actually read conservative papers

I don't know how effective having security at schools will/would be, I know that it's a likely deterrent, I know that many schools already have security and those are probably the schools that most of our politician's children happen to attend... if you are a progressive democrat...just look at it as an opportunity to create another bureaucracy with new union members

...Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!

just a sidenote....Politico then took Steeles comments and titled their article on the subject to claim that Steele called Lapierre's comments "haunting and very disturbing" ....you see how it works

Last edited by scottw; 12-24-2012 at 05:45 AM..