View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #25
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
God, what I’d give to go back to the fishery we had 10 years ago, and even then you could tell the fishery was starting to decline. Looking back, Tyler (cheferson) and I were so spoiled. We only fished two spots, high percentage big fish spots, and if we didn’t get a 20+ # fish on any given night, that night was considered a failure. We hit it hard 3-4 times a weeks, him even more, and we were always on fish. Never had to leave one East facing coastline for an entire season except for special occasions like the Sept New Moon... we had a spot that always produced quality and quantity no matter when in the month the new moon lined up. And we still said the fishing was getting worse ( it was, but it’s all relative).

Back to our home base, we’d have nights where we’d go through 2 dozen eels no problem. Always resident fish around. It was nice to revisit one of those spots 4 seasons ago after years of blanking there and having one of the most epic 4 night stretches in my life, all while fishing “Tyler’s Rock.”

Like RIRock said, though, regardless of the state of the fisheries, fishing like that is for the young (or bum knee, degenerate in my case). I’ll never forget Tyler was fishing the same NE’ster when a certain member on here flipped his boat during it and put in a ridiculous insurance claim.... Tyler was fishing a rock that was completely exposed, taking waves to the chest, and landed a mid 40# fish while Rolex’s and multiple VS’ were floating by in front of us (I kid, I kid... sort of).

So many good fish and this was after the epic fishing of the late 90’s, early 2000’s. What I’d give to go back to those nights, those spots that are forever ingrained in my soul, with the knowledge I have now...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And computers and cologne.

I kinda like the new me and the adventures with the kid. I never cared about catching anything anyway. I just like to fish.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote