View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn't know about that, is she going to wear a "hands up don't shoot" tee shirt?......Spence was appalled that the Reps had a Benghazi Mom up there....but I suppose this makes sense to him...because Trump and the repubs are probably responsible for what happened to her son

I don't know about Trump being clobbered, he definitely inspires his movement while Hillary inspires no one....he's certainly polling better than any repub I can recall at this point in an election and the dems are tearing themselves apart and only getting started, I don't know that they can unify behind someone like H....
The electoral map is challenging for the GOP in presidential elections. Trump could win 47% of the vote but suffer an electoral landslide. When you can't compete in NY or CA, that means you almost have to sweep all of the swing states, and that's a tall order post-Bush. And the demographics are changing, FL could soon be off the table for the GOP, and then we almost don't need to bother with elections.