Thread: Plug Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post
Less commercial builder spam, they have the sponsors section, stay there. No offense but I always thought that the plug building thread as a place to learn and share both knowledge and pics of what one has accomplished by visiting and joining in by just guys/girls doing it for the enjoyment not profit. There is nothing wrong with profiting but the sponsors area is made for that. No spam thank you mam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
I don't think we need to drive off the commerical guys. These guys add a lot of quality and experience to the site. Their input has helped me a lot and I enjoy seeing what they are working on. Guys like Scott, Mac, Bernzy, Don, and Ryan obviously love plugs. If you love plugs and are willing to help others, you should feel welcome here.

And in between these two is the balance that we want to find regarding "commercial" builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post
I would also like to see an archive page that you could go to not only for the written (typed) word but members pics of pluggage specifically. That would be nice. You know all pics by Numbskull or tagger or Chumbucket in one place in a collection, no words just pics.
Working on that - but you guys would need to collect your photos in one place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguy33 View Post
It wouild be nice if when some one goes to a Learning forum such as the Lure Forum to learn and share ideas. Other members Should'nt be allowed to make false statements accusing them of things that aren't true.
Sportyguy - I don't know you and I'm not sure how on the level you are. What I do know is that there is a swarm of, well, uncertainty around your status here, and some of that is based on your, uhh, history on the "other" site. What I don't want to see is you using these boards to spam for personal gain. What I think some of the member builders that have been here for a while may feel is that you are trying to shortcut much of the builders learning curve. You haven't been building plugs that long, right?

Someone want to PM me the Sportsters link?

Thanks....

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote