Thread: Plug Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
well john, first off its pronounced Favor, as in Do Me One ..
I know that It was a long shot reference to how Ben Stiller says Brett Farve's name in "Something About Mary", it was a tremendous longshot of a joke so I wasn't sure if people would pick up on it - thouigh I think you and I talked about that before

Quote:
Opinions.. everybody got 'em.. just espressin mine..not that it counts for nuttin'..

not that i'd ever win.. I know better.. and I'll say it.. 'cause I know thats what some of yas are thinkin

I do see the potential for it to become a popularity contest.. and encourage the ego to take the next step.. sellin by PM.. and the like...

yer the boss John.. as ya see fit there Capn'

See Ya!
I highly value your opinion - honest. And taking in some of your opinion, opinion of others here, and my thinking, mix it up, and we might find a way to make it work and be good for the builders board. Lot's of places that make things, from boats to software to tackle - have a "Blank" of the Month. If we could find a proper way to do it here, it's worth looking into. If it sucks, we won't do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber View Post
Habs, Lab1, afterhours, salty, bigfish, mac, bernzy, CS theres absolutely nothing wrong with these guys posts. They all contribute to the forum, and help out with the site overall.

My issue is with random guys who come on with veiled attempts to sell their stuff, under the 'guise of wanting to learn. Again the guys I mentioned and Im sure I missed some, nothing against commercial guys AT ALL.

Its cool I love to see the stuff you guys do like hab said he likes to tinker, hell man thats awesome after all how many black and purple needles can you paint before you say to yourself damn, I'd like to make something else. Again, that type of stuff I love! Its great and I'm greatful of you guys sharing that here, with us.

My issue is with the random guy, who does not contribute to anything. Not a sponsor. Never gives to the site/ forum and does nothing but take take take. Then becomes a "company" or business, I dont know maybe I'm painting a picture with too broad a brush, but I hope you guys get what Im trying to say.

Send me plugs, there are peanuts around and I dont have any small ones. That will be all.
We get more spam than is fun on the boards for certain. Some guys will always try to take advantage of others as well. Unfortunate but true. So we will try to be accurate when that happens.

What's the best way to figure it out?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote