View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
i can see him now frantically googling this to prove that is is really wrong and blacks, Latinos and the poor are to blame.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I also asked how much of that corporate welfare we get back, in the form of tax revenue from the employees that have jobs thanks to the welfare.

Is corporate welfare spent so that CEOs can make 25M a year instead of 15M a year? Or is it used so that the company can increase the number of employees it has?

I have no problem whatsoever with ending corporate welfare that isn't used to help large numbers of working people.

I also have no issue with social welfare, which genuinely helps those who have no other recourse.

We need to tighten controls for both corporate welfare and social welfare, so that money isn't wasted, and so that we aren't incentivizing bad behavior.

I worked at a supermarket when I was a kid. Every single month, when food stamps came out, the same exact people would argue with me, trying to use their food stamps to buy cigarettes, makeup, things like that. I don't want my money being used for that purpose.

If you think that means I hate pooor people, I would disagree.