View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #29
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So guys like you and others insist the economy is booming employments low .. I guess don't live in a worker's world. Oh I got a 3 cent raise or a 25 cent raise hooray

But my insurance has gone up my out of pocket co payments have gone up 250.00 more . My local taxes have gone up fro. Water sewer trash .. the avg Joe is not seeing this great economic growth..
wages since 2010 have declined like 9% factoring in inflation
We are playing catch up with wages while company's are are beyond caught up

I guess that's why stop and shop workers went on strike.

Stop & Shop’s parent company, Ahold Delhaize, hasn’t justified the cuts, noting that the Dutch food retail giant reported $2 billion in profits last year, and recently voted to give shareholders $880 million in dividend payments
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nobody is saying that everyone is killing it. But most folks who have good jobs have benefited from this economy. To expect a champagne pocketbook with a Boone’s farm background is probably a stretch but a paycheck that supplies food,shelter,electric,cable,cell phone and many of the other comforts formerly associated with the middle class should be celebrated. Combine this with the good fortune of a pension and some vacation money and you should kick your heels together.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN