View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #19
zimmy

[QUOTE=fishbones;843054]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
If you want to compare it to Premier or Air America, of course it's not going to be as bias, but that doesn't make it neutral or middle of the road by any stretch.
I think it was a comparison of all major news media in the US. NY times, washington post, fox, abc, nbc, cnn,msnbc, wall street journal, etc. I am guessing Premier or Air America were not in the study. Although, I never heard of 1 and didn't know 2 existed anymore so maybe they were included.

I think it would be fine to stop grants for radio and tv, but I would much prefer the end the handouts to oil, sugar, corporate hog farms, insurance co, etc. that are exponentially larger than what goes to public broadcasting or arts. That seems to be the difference between "libs" and conservatives. Conservatives seem to have no problem with billions of dollars going to huge corporate conglomerates, but if it goes to something they consider liberal, then they are up in arms. I would guess in most cases they just aren't aware of the amounts of money that go other places. How anyone who fishes can support the GOP who put out a budget that slashes funding for Chesapeake Bay cleanup, and specifically allows for direct water polluters to be exempt from regulation, but allows for billions in tax breaks for enormous corporate monopolies is unfathomable to me.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.