View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 04:49 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Maybe but I don't know the legality or morality of going after a private citizen??????? I guess if he is charged with tax evasion but given that he paid his back taxes it would be extremely rare for him to be charged (according to what I read). And then I don't think something like tax evasion would allow the gov. to look into other things not related?????again I don't know.
I have absolutely no clue of the legality of going after a private citizen, but there are democrats on that committee who will raise that if it's an issue, right?

I'm a lot less concerned about the Bidens profiting off his influence (I assume they all do that these days, Republicans too), as I am with the appearance that some in the FBI felt like their job was to serve as operatives of the Biden campaign while I was paying them. They had the laptop in their possession, they had to know there was zero evidence it wasn't legit. And the media s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g it all up like a Hoover Deluxe model. That's not why we have a media with constitutional protections. If you were reporting on a story you knew was legit, can you imagine how it would feel to be censored on Facebook and Twitter, and to have 95% of the media saying you were peddling Russian disinformation? It's not a great situation.

I have no reason to believe it changed the outcome of the election, but it had to have helped.