View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 08:17 PM   #33
Saltheart

Hi Capesam. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm doing better.

I pretty much am only building on Lami , Loomis and Allstar blanks right now. Mainly because its what I've used over the years to fish and know them to be excellent. I am going to try some more Rainshadows though as they are getting rave reviews on the Rodcrafters' and Custom Rod Builder's Guild Boards. I've also gotten some inquiries for custom rods on them so there is an interest.

The six rods I just about gave away (one of which was a Rainshadow) at the show were made from blanks I had purchased way back to practice on but never got the chance. As soon as I got my rod lathe I had to build 3 Loomis rods for friends (No practice runs when using Gloomis blanks $$$) . By the time I got time to build the "practice rods" I already had lots of rods under my belt already. That's the way these things go!?!?! Those guys (guys I know and have fished with) got nice rods for a song. I hope to be able to do another half dozen "give aways" for next years show for other guys I know but can't promise I'll have the time.

In about a month I hope to be getting more adventurous and would like to meet you and discuss fishing , rodbuilding , etc. Looking forward to it

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote