View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:41 AM   #100
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The server was already set up by Bill. I think they just looked at the simple solution, saw that it would be legal and didn't think how things could go sour. Poor judgement but not necessarily scandal worthy.
Really? Link to where it shows that?
The clintonemail.com domain was registered in early January 2009, a couple weeks Obama's inauguration. Now if it was attached to a Clinton domain already running on a server in their house basement, which domain would that be? Clintonfoundation.org being hosted not in there basement at the time (and currently hosted with Microsoft O365)

On a side note there are rules and laws on official correspondence and sensitive data that applied prior to 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
There is also a "Classification" called Unclassified but Sensitive....which is data that should be for official use only.

Nobody can tell me that as Secretary of State that most of her e-mail correspondence doesn't fall, at the very least, into this category.

I call it pretty damn irresponsible of her to step outside of the D.O.D. network and bypass the safeguards that are in place.
Absolutely correct. Most tech guys understand how blatantly bad this is from a security standpoint and how most of the email is sensitive, even if its the lunch order from the caf.

A home server running MS Exchange, in the basement of a home (even guarded by Secret Service), accessible via OWA, connected to an Optima Online cable modem is NOT, repeat NOT, secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Knowing Bill, He probably used it to host the Whitehouse.com website
- Had not seen that one mentioned in a while. Too afraid to check

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: