View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 05:08 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So what you’re saying is that Obama, who inherited a record deficit, yet managed to slash it dramatically over his term, which was passed to Trump, who even with a strong economy has managed to get us back to a trillion dollar deficit.

I’ve got that right?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Obama inherited (again, he was in the US Senate, he didn't walk in off the street, but OK) a lousy economy and two wars. SO no one can expect him not to spend some money. But the stimulus was a $750B flop (I don't know a single person who benefitted from it, and even Obama laughed that he was way off about projects being shovel ready), and Obamacare is also his to own for good and bad.

Trump inherited good momentum, he did things differently, and has brought deficits way back up. I never denied that. But I also know a ton of people who have personally benefitted from Trumps spending, at least.

I'm not denying, conflating, or cherry picking. I don't have to, because unlike you, I can happily admit the good things the other side does and the stupid things my side does. You of all people aren't capable of that, not even close.