View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
ugh, as much as it pains me, got to agree with Zimmy. Taxes have not increased under Obama. The deficit has.
here is my 2 cents on our presidents progress

1. Two wars - still fighting them. Most of the progress in Iraq was the result of Bush's work. Obama barely mentions Iraq. Afgan? Whats the plan? update?
2. Guantanamo - still open and no plan on how to close
3. Govt. transparency - do your own web search, both sides agree he as done very little
4. Uniting the country - more divided than ever
5. Economic crisis - TARP was Bush's. O's team administered it
6. Stimulus package - big chunk of $ paid out. So, whats it done? Their website is terrible, cant make any conclusions on success or even where the money is. The biggest idea and most expensive was a tax break, hidden in paychecks that no one knew about. great idea!
7. The worlds view of us - suddenly everyone loved us once O became president. A few months back, barely reported by the media - Napolitano stated the US is more likely to have a terr attack now than immediatley following 911. Think about that! despite all the good will, bowing to leaders and hugs and kisses, we're more likely to have an attack NOW

Although I am biased, follow up on any of what I posted above. Its all spot on. So O delivered on his plan? His promises?

there's this...
too bad the house switched huh?

ABC News Obama's Budget: Almost $1 Trillion in New Taxes Over Next 10 yrs, Starting 2011
February 26, 2009 12:00 PM

President Obama's budget proposes $989 billion in new taxes over the course of the next 10 years, starting fiscal year 2011, most of which are tax increases on individuals.