View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
zimmy

Why would it pain you to agree with me? I am usually right (ask my wife) . I am with Jimmy on a lot of that stuff, but the country more divided I believe is based on much unfounded rhetoric about things like Obama raising taxes. He is a scapegoat for a segment of people that as a group are easy to incite at the moment.

He said he would reform health care, he did. What one thinks about that depends entirely on opinion at this point.

He was pretty close on with the plan for transition in Iraq. He didn't fix it, but I don't think he was wrong with what he said.

He doesn't know what to do about Afghanistan. he was never very specific about Afghanistan. I think he is gonna be hurt by Afghanistan mostly in his own party, if people pay attention to it.

More likely for terror attack has little to do with "world view" of us. There may be other things he has messed up with homeland security, but I would have to look into it more before concluding. Al Qaeda and its cronies don't follow world view. The arabs aren't going to like us as long as we side with Israel. As an aside, if the nutso's who think Obama is a muslim looking to install Sharia law here were correct, he would be very popular in the mid-east. His popularity in Europe is much higher than his predecessor. Can we call that one a draw?

Guantanamo- he was basically wrong about Guantanamo. He should have known how difficult it would be to safely shut down. However, it will be hard for him to defend keeping people in custody without enough evidence for trial.

Overall, I think it is a mix of what he said. Health reform, more oversight of financials. Middle class tax relief. Transition in Irag.

Economic stimulus- hard to know. Economy has grown, even if at too slow a pace. What would have happened without stimulus is debatable, but entirely based on opinion.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.