Thread: roku
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #3
Mr. Sandman

I got one of these for my wife for Christmas. (roku 3) And I have to say it is pretty cool. I first heard about it from a women standing on line in an electronics store and she clearly had had enough with the cable bill . She dropped it but still keeps the internet service and is using the internet and for news and the roku to watch movies. She mooches off a friends netflix account and one other movie service and has a lot of free channels but her cable bill is zero.

If you have a brand new smart tv that is wireless you probably don't need this. I added to my plasma TV in my bedroom which is about 5 years old and has no smart features. This box works as advertised and is relatively cheap. My wife loves it and I can see how you can purchase this and scale back the cable package to a basic package just to get live news and sports. I think with the expansion of netflix services to quality original content and eventually live channels I think the big cable providers are finally feeling a little pressure and it will not be long before you see more people looking to cut costs start pulling the cable tv plug
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote