Thread: Exercising
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #20
Saltheart

Start out slow , really slow. Add a minute or two a day. In 2 months you are over an hour and no wiped out feeling after , no achey joints or worse , no pulls etc that make you stop.

I like to vary the exercises too. I have a tread mill , rowing machine , wind bike and stair stepper. i start out after a long layoff at about 3 minutes tread mill , 5 bike , 3 rowing and 1 stair stepper. I add a minute a week to each. In 14 weeks (3 months) you will be in better shape than anyone you know. You'll be doing 17 treadmill , 19 bike , 17 rower and maybe 7 stair stepper(stair stepper is a killer , you just add maybe 30 seconds a week on that). That's an hour total. You also increase the speed of all the exercises and also add an incline to the treadmill. I went from 3 minutes flat to 22 minutes at 4.5 MPH at an 11 degree incline. Its incredible how hard a workout that is , you could never just jump on and do it without the feeling horrible afterwards. Sounds sissy to start so low but biggest reason people quit is soreness afterwards and or an injury.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote