View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
saltfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Why moving back?
It's a combination of things that mounted as we lived there[5 yrs.].Foremost was Barbara missing family.Then the medical services were not good overall.She just couldn't get used to having a 50 mile ride one way to the pharmacy,Walmart [really the only store],and Hanafords.Also, the bugs didn't help.Personnally I liked the rural living and driving on open roads for miles and miles not seeing any vehicles.We'd have between 40-60 deer in the yard daily in the winter along with bobcats,coyotes,fox,snowshoe hares,eagles,moose,pleated woodpeckers,etc etc.I learned a lot about river,stream,& remote pond fishing.Plus tying flies down to size 22s.I did miss the ocean and walking the beaches plus the year round underfished sweetwater access on the Cape.Not to mention the mad house season in the Ditch this year.I'm heading out in a little while to fish with the senior angler from Truro right after we do a few errands.I met some really neat people in Maine and will go back to visit them and they will be coming down to fish the salt too.No regrets either way.But it's nice to be back too....
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote