Thread: Fox and Friends
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I can say the same exact things about doors. But the idiot who wrote this piece, still has a door on his house that he closes every single night. There's a reason for that. The reason is, while the door isn't perfect, it's not a guarantee, it still helps. It can be penetrated by a hurricane or by human action. Yet still, having a door makes us more secure than we'd be without the door. TRY MAKING THAT WRONG.
The "wall" is not the same thing as a door or a lock. The wall is the same thing as a wall around my house. In the 17th century I'd put a moat around my house. In the 18th century I'd put a wall around my house. In the 19th century, I'd put a piece of wood across the inside of my door. In the 20th century, I'd put a lock on my door. In the 21th century I'd put an electronic lock on the front door with camera on it so I can see who is there and I'd have cameras hanging off the roof focusing on my property to see if anyone was approaching it.

Walls still have a place in defense but they may not be appropriate (or needed) everywhere. No single solution works for every instance. And that is why there are walls in some spots along the border and not in all spots and why people have supported walls on the border in the past for some sections and don't support putting a wall along the full border.