View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 12:29 PM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So I guess it is just randomness that makes the poorest counties mostly in Rs states and the richest counties mostly in D states and mosty the poorest states run by Rs and the richest states mostly run by Ds or should we talk about the outliers like S. NH or Ashville or Brentwood TN?
It might not be a coincidence! Maybe the democratic governments in those places, are creating environments which help make people rich. But you can't point to one single example of that, so pardon me if I'm skeptical. And if that were the case, why haven't the CT state democrats replicated that formula in Bridgeport? Whatever you believe they did, it seems they started at the NY border, and kept moving east until they got to Bridgeport, and then they put a halt to it, apparently.

Why not look at the places that are working (good quality of life, low taxes) and see if we can expand on whatever they may have done? But you don't want to do that, because none of you can bear to admit that the conservative agenda, for all its flaws, has some good ideas too.

My brother moved to Fraklin TN many years ago. Great schools, new roads, super low taxes, it was an up and coming place. Now it's one of the hottest markets in the nation. He sold his house for more than triple what he paid for it 10-12 years ago.

The NH suburbs of Bedford, Hollis, Brookline, Amherst...they literally can't build $600,000 houses fast enough. I don't even know what the political affiliation is of those places, but they're located in a purplish state. Same with the Charlotte NC suburbs. They're not deep red, though I guess the places in SC, like Fort Mill, are.

I say let's expand on what they're doing. You dismiss them as outliers.