Thread: Gun Legislation
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #167
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I believe in the 1A and the 2A. I believe in good people. I believe we have won the lottery of birth being born in this country (particularly after living overseas for several years). And I believe this country is truly great and that the liberties (supposed) and the freedoms granted are sacrosanct. I believe their are good people and ideas from the left and the right. I believe in the fact that sensible people can hash things out and come to an agreement.

I also believe that the left is more willing to cut those items out to the detriment of our countries benefit. This is why I am no longer a moderate Dem.

Wayne - you really need to step outside your bubble. Many of your statements lean right up against confiscation, or rely on such a fine line it is hard to see daylight between your position and confiscation / eroding of rights. Everything you push WRT Gun Control is the same. You target a large group of law abiding people and further to reduce their right to self defense beyond where already eroded.
30 years in Corrections 24 years in the Military bought and sold guns lived in mutiple states and a very diverse group of friends and acquaintance's. Thats a big bubble

Maybe you need to look beyound your bubble how any regulation always leads to confiscation as a argument against it 100% of the time

Not beliving people should not own Ak 47s and M-4 or an AR-15 or other assault rifles dosnt equal i support confiscation.. but with most conservatives it all or nothing ,

And the only party i have seen reducing the freedoms and choices of ordinary americans with vigor..are Republicans state and federal.. across America
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device