Thread: Ironed
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #38
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I guess there's alot of deranged people like me in the world.

"Human rights groups and Gaddafi's wife Safia called for an independent investigation into the deaths, which robbed victims' families of the chance to see Gaddafi put on trial for his murderous acts.

Both Gaddafi and his son were filmed or photographed alive and relatively uninjured after their capture on Thursday, before both died of multiple gunshot wounds. "

"Rupert Colville, spokesman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said: "It is unclear how (Col Gaddafi) died. There is a need for an investigation."

Describing footage of Gaddafi's last moments as "very disturbing", he said that if the former dictator had been executed: "That would raise issues that a crime had been committed and we would have to look at dealing with that. It is very clear under international law that summary executions are illegal.

"You can't just chuck the law out of the window. Killing someone outside a judicial procedure, even in countries where there is the death penalty, is outside the rule of law."

It raised the possibility that rebel soldiers could be pursued for war crimes. "

And I hope NATO ALSO

Rebels accused of executing former Libyan leader and son Mutassim - Telegraph