View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You don't think the crime rate went down in NYC, any more than it did anywhere else? It may have but it went down across the country. And that includes areas that didn't do stop and frisk.Are you incapable of admitting that not all Republicans are evil and stupid? I've frequently voted for Rs (both Bushs 1st term for example) HA HA, you're the one who constantly finds something that gets under your skin that is done by a liberal and then comes here crying about how evil all liberals are. I've just decided to do the same or to show you that conservatives are the same. Are you serious? The man saved thousands of lives, and most of the lives saved, were black. He also oversaw the prosecution and imprisonment of dozens of corrupt cops.

"I think Chicago is an aberration"

How can we know that what worked in NYC won't work in Chicago, unless we try? So you hate the constitution since it was declared unconstitutional? And if Chicago is an aberration, what does that say about, for example, the community organizers there?

"Wasn't that ruled unconstitutional and racially discriminating"

DiBlasio stopped doing it. I don't know that anyone ruled it was unconstitutionalLook it up. What I do know (because I can accept facts regardless of whether or not they support my agenda) is that it workedPls. show me a study saying the drop in crime in NY was bc of stop and frisk. I'd appreciate you showing me any study that showed no other methods would have worked. .

"that lack of conservative empathy keeps rearing its ugly head"

Empathy? For gang bangers who made New York uninhabitable? I'll save my empathy for the innocent people trying to live there.You mean like the people who get stopped and frisked for doing nothing other than being black? You don't seem to understand how being stopped repeatedly for no reason other than being black could get some pissed off.

"it (liberalism) has worked in other places."

In poor, inner cities? In all seriousness, where? Hartford? Bridgeport? New Haven? Baltimore? Philadelphia? Portland, Seattle, NY, Charlotte and many more cities. In a capitalistic society you have some poor, some middle class and some weatlhy. The liberals have policies to assist the poor so the poor support liberals. The conservatives policies are for the poor to lift himself up. Chicago may be an outlier in terms of absolute numbers, it's not all by itself in terms of being an example of urban failure.

"Wow, almost every thread with you comes back to blacks"

OK. So when I say it's bad that blacks are getting murdered in Chicago, that makes me a racist in your eyes. not at all but am I incorrect to note you do bring up blacks a lot?Got it. That's just brilliant Paul.
Any answers to the questions I had at the end of my earlier response?