Thread: Chansley
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You can play the semantic game all you want, there are federal laws people are charged with. It’s a matter of public record.

Actually, I've been responding to the semantic "game" that you and others play of labeling something as an insurrection for political effect.

The number of federal cases against individuals involved in the Capitol Hill Siege stands at 602. According to the latest analysis of the cases:

The average age of individuals was 39-years-old.
Individuals came from 44 states and the District of Columbia.
Cases have been brought against 523 men (87%) and 79 women (13%).
The largest numbers came from Florida (64), Texas (58), and Pennsylvania (53).
The majority (>85%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
70 (12%) have military experience (65 Veterans, 2 National Guard, 2 Reserve, 1 Active Duty)

What lead these people to believe the election was stolen?

Lawsuits?

The "Kraken" lawsuits failed before every judge that heard their cases: Trump appointees, before Bush appointees (both), and Obama appointees alike.

Every single one rebuked them.

"This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process."

A federal judge in Michigan orders sanctions for Sidney Powell, Lin Wood and seven other pro-Trump lawyers for their election fraud lawsuit based on conspiracy theories.

So who and how did some group of people convince these largely middle aged, middle class Americans that the election was stolen?

Who were the proponents and funders of the stop the steal groups, how was this information disseminated?
What would someone gain from this movement and how would it work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't "know" (a semantic possibility that those who play the semantic game of calling something an armed insurrection without proving that label yet "knowing" it is the correct one) if an actual, semantically correct "insurrection" took place.

And none of your above pieces of information even begins to illustrate that such a thing did take place. On the contrary, you referred to it as a "siege".

The semantic game changes from day to day.