Thread: Space force
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
You should consider moving. It is really sad. Think of all those lives. You could also get another job or save by not paying for charter trips. Cut back a little, you know? Do it for those potential lives that are lost every year. If this is important to you, do whatever you can to make it happen.

Also, I have no doubt your kids are wonderful. My kids are also greatly influenced by their mother and many kids turn out well despite us
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"You should consider moving"

I have considered it, thanks...my elderly parents live a mile away, my wife who stays at home helps them with all manner of chores...they aren't moving, and they'd be cosmically screwed if I left. I could do more for my kids if we moved, but I can't do anything for my parents if we moved.

"It is really sad"

What's sad is that thanks to the exact policies you support, I am in the awesome position of getting to choose between my responsibility to my children, and my responsibility to my parents, to whom I owe everything. It's a great spot to be in. And all thanks to liberal economics.

"many kids turn out well despite us "

Certainly true in my case!