Thread: 2020
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It actually spoke to all, and as one who dissents I concur.

If you actually stop your lying, your irrational referring to Trump and those who voted for him or attend his rallies as racists, haters, the various phobes, comparing him to Nazis, saying that he is dangerous, that he is a horrible nightmare of a person, and other such inflammatory things that can inspire the reactions and mob mentality to which you concur, then I will believe you.

Here’s the first paragraph of his post
I feel the need to explain to you why I am so alarmed by what Trump is doing this week, and more than that, by what is happening in our culture. For you who have read my books, or read this blog for a while, most of this will be old news. I beg your pardon, then, for repeating myself. But this stuff is all personal to me, for reasons I’m about to explain.

What worries me most about Trump and the Trump mob is the fear they give me for dissenters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You do not seem to fear for Trumplican dissenters. In a great degree, Trump is a dissent. Voting for Trump was a dissent against the yin/yang, good cop/bad cop games the so-called Liberals and Conservatives have been doing to this country for a hundred years. You don't fear for these dissenters when you and folks like you in tandem with a rabid anti-Trump media spit out far more incendiary rhetoric against Trumpists than Trumps comments are. Not when it inspires Antifa physical attacks against them. Not when our culture inspiring universities censor right leaning speakers and spread the fear mongering labels they attach to Trump. Not when People including teens are attacked physically and threatened verbally for wearing MAGA hats.

You do not fear the lying rhetoric from the left which is meant to destroy their opposition. You call Trump supporters a mob. The left has been and is becoming more so a mob. A far more effective, and dangerous, mob than "Trumplicans" who have a brief space of enthusiasm for voting for someone who does not seem to be part of the leftist mob, nor the politics as usual mob that has been transforming the constitutional republic they once thought they had into the unitary, centralized, all-powerful government they fear.