View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Karen Lynn
Karen Lynn Charters

Thank you for taking the time to respond John. I enjoy meeting new people who enjoy fishing as well as sharing stories and reports. Not sure if I understand your resonse entirely such as "shooting reports and pics of smiling babies" I understand not allowing me to add my website to my post's and wanting me to become a sponsor and pay to do so which is a big part of a succesful fishing forum. Again I enjoy sharing stories and meeting new people and yes it seems you have a great bunch of folks here. My posts tend to be more of a story a brief write up of the day's fishing if you will rather than straight up advertising. I do run a charter business at day's end and was just trying to add my web site to the post's I create. If this is not possible please let me know and I will move on. Thanks again for your time John. PM me if you would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
We don't necessarily want the reports though I'm sure some would like them - much rather have you hang and enjoy. Be part of the people - we have a great bunch of folks - do not just drive by shooting reports and pics of smiling babies (that has happened before by others) on every discussion board in the northeast.

As for the post (and some previous others you have posted) they clearly are for the purpose of advertising and self promotion. Perhaps you ignored the part in registration that says not to do that but if you are unsure here it is "... Commercial Advertising without written permission from Striped-Bass.com is Strictly Prohibited, this includes self promotion and promotion of external entities. This is locally considered "SPAM" and is prohibited at Striped-Bass.com..."

Seriously, please join the forum and have some fun, mingle a bit. Maybe something akin to advertising down the road but I get a lot of requests to advertise (btw nothing re: Karen Lynn searching my emails for past couple years - may have gone into junk mail accidentally). As a rule we don't have wide open advertising but the significant majority of advertisers here (all?) were members & participants first...

Thanks,

John
Karen Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote